- Patience is key: It is any parent’s instinct to try and discipline a crying child by being stern, but as a parent, it is best to keep cool.
- Preparation: For a day-out or a trip, carry snacks and some of your baby’s favourite toys to help distract them. A handy tip: Introducing one toy at a time should keep your little one engaged when they have a bout of tears.
- Planning: Avoid planning things when you know your baby will be drowsy, tired or hungry. Try to plan activities for your child when they are in a playful, adventurous mood.
- Walking away: Spending time with your child is such a rewarding aspect of parenthood, but can get daunting at times. If your child’s crying is getting to you and you're starting to feel tense, take a deep, long breath and walk away for just a few minutes and clear your mind. Think of it as a time out, but for you!
- Provide comfort: Babies sometimes cry for no reason, and sometimes the best thing to do, is to do nothing. Keep comforting them and hopefully they’ll settle down in no time.
- Distractions: Use a diversion (favourite toy / a song / a way of cuddling) as quickly as possible when you sense your little one might throw a fit to distract them.
- Stick to what you know: Your baby, just like any baby will cry in public. It's their way of expression, and sure, this can be really tense. Try not to stress out, and don't change your method of dealing with tantrums. Studies have shown that a shift in tactics won't be successful in curbing those little outbursts.
- Check your baby: Sometimes, more often than not, a simple check will do wonders when your child is crying. Maybe they could be hungry, sleepy, tired or just need a quick diaper change.
- You aren't alone: Remember that parents all over the world go through what you do, and let this be another curve in the wonderful journey of parenthood.
- Positivity: As tough as it may seem, having a calm and positive outlook will be extremely rewarding in the later years of parenthood. Children are very intuitive and can sometimes pick up on their parent's moods, and you staying positive might help them stop crying!
10 Things to keep in mind for soothing your crying baby.
You can help your child overcome his bedwetting
Shame and guilt are two major feelings that many children have around bedwetting. With early and positive parental intervention, your growing children can overcome this issue without much trouble. A common childhood problem that...
All you need to know about your child’s bedwetting issue!
Dear parent, frustrating as it may be, bedwetting is a natural part of your child’s development and growth. Toilet training is but one of the dozens of skills that babies learn at different rates. What is Bedwetting? Bedwetting refers to...
Implanon removal is one of the most popular forms of hormonal contraception currently being used by women. This is because it’s cost effective, low risk and one of the safest forms of contraception available. Though like many...
ARTICLE WITH TOPIC
Tips to help your child to talk.
Children learn to talk at different ages. Some utter their first intelligible words before they are one year old while others may not speak until they are over two. Generally, however, most children start to talk by eighteen months.The process of...
Ways to enhance your baby motor skills.
It’s always a thing of great excitement and joy when your little one first begins to hold things in their hand, sit upright on their own, roll over and crawl, and eventually start walking. These little milestones, besides being great reasons....
Changing diapers can be a challenging, especially for a new mother. It is as important to know, as it is to know which is the right diaper for your baby. In this section we will try to help you understand important things like diaper rashes, how many times to change diapers and how to make sure your baby is comfortable in diapers.
Why do babies cry?
It’s difficult to understand why exactly your baby might be crying, and any parent would agree that it is anguishing to hear those outbursts....
Buying the best baby diapers.
A newborn baby needs 2 very important things: it’s mother’s milk and frequent diaper changes! As new parents you will probably change over a thousand diapers, so it’s important to pick the best newborn diapers for your little one....
How to manage your baby’s anger.
As a parent, you might have noticed that your child’s mood can shift with the wind. At such early stages, it’s very easy for them to suddenly become a hurricane of emotions. It’s their nature to have little outbursts, but it...