- Patience is key: It is any parent’s instinct to try and discipline a crying child by being stern, but as a parent, it is best to keep cool.
- Preparation: For a day-out or a trip, carry snacks and some of your baby’s favourite toys to help distract them. A handy tip: Introducing one toy at a time should keep your little one engaged when they have a bout of tears.
- Planning: Avoid planning things when you know your baby will be drowsy, tired or hungry. Try to plan activities for your child when they are in a playful, adventurous mood.
- Walking away: Spending time with your child is such a rewarding aspect of parenthood, but can get daunting at times. If your child’s crying is getting to you and you're starting to feel tense, take a deep, long breath and walk away for just a few minutes and clear your mind. Think of it as a time out, but for you!
- Provide comfort: Babies sometimes cry for no reason, and sometimes the best thing to do, is to do nothing. Keep comforting them and hopefully they’ll settle down in no time.
- Distractions: Use a diversion (favourite toy / a song / a way of cuddling) as quickly as possible when you sense your little one might throw a fit to distract them.
- Stick to what you know: Your baby, just like any baby will cry in public. It's their way of expression, and sure, this can be really tense. Try not to stress out, and don't change your method of dealing with tantrums. Studies have shown that a shift in tactics won't be successful in curbing those little outbursts.
- Check your baby: Sometimes, more often than not, a simple check will do wonders when your child is crying. Maybe they could be hungry, sleepy, tired or just need a quick diaper change.
- You aren't alone: Remember that parents all over the world go through what you do, and let this be another curve in the wonderful journey of parenthood.
- Positivity: As tough as it may seem, having a calm and positive outlook will be extremely rewarding in the later years of parenthood. Children are very intuitive and can sometimes pick up on their parent's moods, and you staying positive might help them stop crying!
10 Things to keep in mind for soothing your crying baby.
All about your baby's brain development.
Raising a child in today’s fast world can be daunting. There’s always an immense pressure on children, and by extension on you as a parent to do so much more. The competition begins at such an early age, along with more and more confusion...
Tips to develop you toddler's verbal skills.
Your little one has begun to show her enthusiasm and is trying to catch up with all the talking. Let’s look at some of the simple yet effective ways to keep her talking. Keep your communication short, sweet and simple This way your...
Male fertility and female fertility – know the difference.
The basics of male fertility a sperm’s life-cycle is around 3 months. That is why when male fertility treatment involves changes in diet or environment, couples are asked to wait for 3 months before trying for pregnancy again. Low male...
ARTICLE WITH TOPIC
Buying the best baby diapers.
A newborn baby needs 2 very important things: it’s mother’s milk and frequent diaper changes! As new parents you will probably change over a thousand diapers, so it’s important to pick the best newborn diapers for your little one....
Bubble wala Huggies to keep your baby dry & comfortable.
Parents have all been there – rushing to change diapers every time the little one poops or pees; wiping their bottom down with wipes and patting them completely dry. No one wants a dreaded wet diaper situation. After all, wet diapers = friction...
How to raise a confident child.
Every parent wishes for their little one to grow up to be an independent, self-sufficient and confident adult; who is proud of their achievements and approaches challenges with enthusiasm. By empowering your little one to be happy with themselves you...
Why do babies cry?
It’s difficult to understand why exactly your baby might be crying, and any parent would agree that it is anguishing to hear those outbursts....
Reading To Your Baby.
Start reading to your child from the moment he or she is born. It is never too early to encourage your child to develop a love of reading...
Baby proofing the house - What does it mean?
As your little one starts to learn more and grow, they will want to crawl around and get their hands on everything to quench their undying curiosity. Baby proofing your house simply means converting your house into a child-friendly environment. Every...