1. Breastfeeding is completely natural and gives your baby the very best start in life by providing antibodies via the colostrum (first form of milk) produced in the early days after birth.
2. Although it is an entirely natural process, it can be difficult to get it right and can be a very emotional time for a new mother.
3. Having the right support around you is essential for a stress free, convenient breastfeeding experience. Having a support system always helps.
4. It can take a few weeks for you and your baby to get used to this new experience, but it only gets easier as time goes by.
5. Breast milk has all the nutrients your baby needs to grow and develop for the first six months.
6. The consumption of breast milk supports vital brain development and gives your baby long-term health benefits.
7. Breast milk contains antibodies which help protect your baby against infections, including upset tummies and ear infections.
8. Breast-fed babies are less likely to develop conditions such as eczema, asthma and diabetes!
9. Breast milk is always available at the right temperature, and there's no preparation involved.
10. The World Health Organisation recommends breastfeeding until up to 2 years of age.